ITC Courses 2019-2020
|ITC Leiden has recently decided to start operating – effective September 2019 – on a more independent basis and to acquire the status of a special type of academic entity under Dutch law (`Legal Person for Higher Education’). This status will enable ITC to offer in the future accredited Adv LLM programs under its own name and to have visas issued for such programs. Obtaining that status requires a procedure that ITC hopes to complete in 12 months. As a consequence, ITC – not being such an entity yet – will not be able to offer in the forthcoming 2019-2020 academic year its usual accredited Adv LLM International Tax Law (ITL) program. Instead, ITC will offer in the Fall of 2019 an 11-week combined Fundamentals – Tax Treaties course and in the Spring of 2020 a series of Transfer Pricing courses.
ITC Leiden plans to start offering again its existing Adv LLM program in International Tax Law, along with its new full-year Adv LLM program in Transfer Pricing for Multinational Enterprises. We are still engaged in the procedure for obtaining the status of an independent academic entity. Unfortunately, as the Dutch government agencies involved are taking more time than expected, it is unlikely that ITC can start its Adv LLM Programs on 1 Sep 2020 as previously announced. For questions, mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org Fall 2019: Fundamentals – Tax Treaties courseIn the Fall of 2019 ITC offers a combined Fundamentals – Tax Treaties course of 11 weeks. Students that pass the exam of this course will be awarded an ITC Fundamentals – Tax Treaties Course Diploma. If these students later enroll in ITC’s Adv LLM Program in International Tax Law, they will receive a full academic and financial credit for the combined course taken.
The tuition fee for this combined course is € 8,000*. The course will be held in the period 30 September – 13 December 2019, with the (final) exam on Monday 16 December 2019. Application deadline is: 1 August 2019. For further information on the combined Fundamentals – Tax Treaties course click here. Spring 2020: series of Transfer Pricing coursesIn the months of January and February 2020 the following two courses from the ITL Adv LLM curriculum will be given:
> Basic Transfer Pricing – 4 weeks: 6 January – 3 February 2020, and
> Advanced Transfer Pricing – 4 weeks: 6 February – 6 March 2020.
For an overview of the contents and the schedules (dates and times) of these two courses click here. The tuition fee of each of the Basic and Advanced TP courses is € 3,000. The deadline for this application is expired.
During the months March-July 2020, ITC will offer a series of short specialized Transfer Pricing courses that are selected from the Adv LLM program in Transfer Pricing for Multinational Enterprises. Dates and tuition fees of the Specialized Transfer Pricing Courses (TP Focus Courses or `TP-FC´) are as follows
A 10% discount applies if at least 6 weeks of Transfer Pricing courses (applicable for any combination of Basic, Advanced and Specialized Focus courses) are registered for by the same person. Tuition fees should be receivied by ITC Leiden 30 days before the first day of the course.
If you would like to apply within the 30 days before the start of the course please email admissions at email@example.com to check availability.
In respect of both the Basic and Advanced TP courses and each of the TP Focus courses, students that pass the exam at the end of the course will receive an ITC Certificate for the course concerned. And upon enrolling later in ITC’s Adv LLM Program in Transfer Pricing for Multinational Enterprises an academic and financial credit will be given for any of these courses earlier completed successfully.
General requirements for applying to 2019-2020 Courses
Admission to the ITC’s 2019-2020 international tax law courses is selective and based primarily on previous excellence in tax courses and/or achievements in tax practice. While there are no specific requirements regarding class ranking or grade point averages, to be admitted to the one or more of the ITC courses one should have an excellent university (i.e., a graduate school) record.
Applicants to the one or more of the ITC courses must:
• hold a law degree, a graduate degree in economics or business administration (master level) or a CPA-degree. The degree program must have included at least one substantive tax course or the applicant has obtained a few years’ experience in tax practice after graduation (with a law or accounting firm, or in a Ministry of Finance or Revenue Service) or in teaching or research at a graduate institution. Where the qualifying degree is a law degree, it must be one that gives access to the legal profession in the country where the degree was obtained (an intermediate law degree does not qualify);
• demonstrate high academic performance, validated by grades of their University diploma (explained in an accompanying university document).
• demonstrate previous excellence in participation in tax courses or achievements in tax practice, illustrated by, among others, grades (as explained in accompanying grade explanations), past experience related to the subject (professional accomplishments, publications).
• meet the proficiency in English requirements as described below.
• must send in certified copies of certain documents that are indicated below.
Application for one or more of the 2019-2020 courses
|An application fee of € 100 must be transferred to bank account number NL98 INGB 0007 4415 51 in the name of `Stichting FAITS´ (Rapenburg 65, 2311 GJ Leiden, The Netherlands) with ING Bank (PO Box 1800, 1000 BV Amsterdam, The Netherlands; BIC code: INGBNL2A).
Your application will not be considered until the application fee has been received. The application fee is due also in case of re-application after deferral of an earlier obtained admissions.
The deadline for this application is expired.
Along with your online application the following documents must be uploaded:
1. Certified* copies of (a) your university diploma of the degree obtained, and (b) your transcript: the official list of courses you took and of the grades attained.
* A certified copy of an academic record is a copy that has been affixed with an original stamp or seal by the issuing institution, thus proving that it is a genuine copy of an original document issued by that institution. If the certified copy is not in Dutch, English, French or German it must be accompanied by an official translation, drawn up by a sworn translator and bearing the original stamp and professional details of the translator.
2. A curriculum vitae (CV) ;
3. A statement of motivation (max. 500 words);
4. A TOEFL or IELTS certificate of proficiency in English obtained less than two years before the date of your application. The lowest score accepted by ITC for TOEFL is 79, and for IELTS is 6.0.
Upon receipt of your completed application the ITC Admissions department will ask you to email firstname.lastname@example.org the following documents:
1. Two scans from your passport (a) the cover page and (b) the page with your personal data.
2. A passport-type photo.
If you later want to apply for the full year Adv LLM program in either International Tax Law or Transfer Pricing for Multinational Enterprises you will be asked at that time to supply in addition:
1. Two letters of recommendation (addressed to the Program director, prof. dr. Kees van Raad) that include the names and addresses of the two referees, of whom at least one should be university-affiliated;
2. Certified hard copies of your university diploma, your transcript and your grade list;
3. Minimum band scores in your TOEFL or IELTS certificate of proficiency in English: for all sub-sections (listening, reading, writing and speaking) a minimum score of 6.0 (IELTS) or 20 (TOEFL) must have been obtained.
If you have any further questions or need assistance, please contact the ITC Admissions department at email@example.com